Skip primary navigation


Skip secondary navigation

Church of St Michael the Archangel, Kirkby Malham

Click on images below to enlarge

Kirkby Malham Church

İ YDNPA, 2004,

,


Return to previous page

Church of St Michael the Archangel, Kirkby Malham

Historical Environment Record No: MYD25394

Parish: Kirkby Malham

OS Grid Reference: SD894610

Dale: Malhamdale

Link to Archaeology Data Service:
http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/catalogue/collections/blurbs/420.cfm

Description

A late 15th century parish church built of squared millstone grit. In the baptistry is an 11th century font with two bands of zigzag moulding set on a 19th century base that suggests an earlier church on the site. There is a mid-19th century hearse house between the two east bays of the north chapel. Two piscina (stone basins for washing the chalice after communion) in the south aisle mark the position of former chapels. Some 17th and early 18th century box pews survive in part of the north aisle. The church was restored 1878 to 1881.

Location

In centre of Kitkby Malham village. See www.yorkshirechurches.com for further details.

Public Transport Details

Nearest town/village: Kirkby Malham. Call Traveline on 0870 608 2 608 to plan your journey. After the welcome message key in 885 for North Yorkshire information.

Accessibility

Level access. Car park to south side of church. See www.yorkshirechurches.com for further details.


Related Timeline

Related Themes