Skip primary navigation


Skip secondary navigation

Stonehouse, Dentdale

Click on images below to enlarge

Stonehouse

YDNPA, 2004,


Return to previous page

Stonehouse, Dentdale

Historical Environment Record No: MYD34805

Parish: Dent

OS Grid Reference: SD771858

Dale: Cumbria

Link to Archaeology Data Service:
http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/catalogue/collections/blurbs/420.cfm

Description

The home of Paul Nixon, owner of Dent Marble Works, probably built around 1800. It is a neatly built symmetrically fronted three-storey house constructed of coursed squared sandstone with gritstone quoins and a stone slate roof. It has a two-storey addition to the north end. It was considerably altered inside in the 20th century and now forms two dwellings.
Source:
Armstrong, Jean (1982) 'Dent Marble Works' SDHS Occ Newsletter. No 3 pp11-12

Location

From Dent Station follow road south for 1/2 mile to Lea Yeat. Turn left. Stonehouse lies one mile further on set back from roadside on left hand side. No public access. View from roadside.

Public Transport Details

Nearest town/village: Dent Station. Call Traveline on 0870 608 2 608 to plan your journey. After the welcome message key in 874 for Cumbria information.

Accessibility

Viewable from roadside.


Related Timeline

Related Themes