Skip primary navigation


Skip secondary navigation

The Garage, Kettlewell

Click on images below to enlarge

The Garage, Kettlewell

YDNPA, 2004,


Return to previous page

The Garage, Kettlewell

Historical Environment Record No: MYD36591

Parish: Kettlewell with Starbotton

OS Grid Reference: SD968723

Dale: Upper Wharfedale

Link to Archaeology Data Service:
http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/catalogue/collections/blurbs/420.cfm

Description

A village car repair shop with petrol pumps. The business was started in the 1930s by Frank Hamer. It was bought in 1946 by Richard Wilkinson whose sons run it today [2004]. The present building was built in 1972 using Davey blocks (cast concrete with embedded pieces of limestone). It replaced a pair of joined pitched roof wooden sheds.
Source:
Hare, Colin (2003) A Walk Around Kettlewell. Kettlewell: The Author

Location

Site lies on western edge of Kettlewell village, beside B6160. View from roadside.

Public Transport Details

Nearest town/village: Kettlewell. Call Traveline on 0870 608 2 608 to plan your journey. After the welcome message key in 885 for North Yorkshire information.

Accessibility

Viewable from roadside.


Related Timeline

Related Themes