Skip primary navigation


Skip secondary navigation

Threshfield trough

Click on images below to enlarge

Threshfield trough

© YDNPA, 2004,


Return to previous page

Threshfield trough

Historical Environment Record No: MYD36668

Parish: Threshfield

OS Grid Reference: SD989635

Dale: Upper Wharfedale

Link to Archaeology Data Service:
http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/catalogue/collections/blurbs/420.cfm

Description

A gritstone water trough fed by an iron lion’s head spout, dated 1889. The drinking trough was originally located in front of the Methodist Chapel in Threshfield but was moved to its present location due to road widening. It now has an inscription which reads “This trough was moved from its original site to commemorate the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II 1953”.

Location

On B6265 from Skipton take right turn in Threshfield opposite the Old Hall Inn. Trough is located on eastern boundary of walled green sited to the right immediately after turn.

Public Transport Details

Nearest town/village: Threshfield. Call Traveline on 0870 608 2 608 to plan your journey. After the welcome message key in 885 for North Yorkshire information.

Accessibility

Access via grassy area, uneven and muddy in places. Handgate.


Related Timeline

Related Themes