Skip primary navigation


Skip secondary navigation

AA Box, Aysgarth

Click on images below to enlarge

AA box, Aysgarth

YDNPA, 2004, (TB3)


Return to previous page

AA Box, Aysgarth

Historical Environment Record No: MYD34496

Parish: Burton cum Walden

OS Grid Reference: SE026888

Dale: Lower Wensleydale

Link to Archaeology Data Service:
http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/catalogue/collections/blurbs/420.cfm

Description

Timber AA telephone box of a type dating to around 1956. It is a rectangular kiosk with a board floor to the road. It carries an AA plaque and box number (442) on the left side and further AA plaques on the gable each side. These boxes were phased out in 2002 and the telephones removed. This example along with a handful of others has been listed in order to preserve it.

Location

Site lies on south side of A684, just over a mile east of the turn to Aysgarth Falls.

Public Transport Details

Nearest town/village: Aysgarth Falls or Swinithwaite. Call Traveline on 0870 608 2 608 to plan your journey. After the welcome message key in 885 for North Yorkshire information.

Accessibility

Viewable from roadside, but note few stopping places.


Related Timeline

Related Themes